Thursday, February 17, 2011

Luckily, this time it wasn't one of us...

I saw this YouTube clip on Jezebel, and I had to repost. At first, I thought that this melee was one or two of Black sororities scrapping against each other (or a set of chapter members going upside the head).

I was somewhat relieved when I realized it wasn't us causing harm to the dear names of our organizations and/or beating the hell out of each other in the snow.

This ridiculous, thug life behavior is an epidemic that cuts across all boundaries, including Greek life. I thought it was just us. Now, I am mistaken.

Nope. The young thugs ladies getting down and dirty in this video are the Alpha Phis and Tri-Delts. Two National Panhellenic Councilsororities are going at each other like my freshmen year roommates did when Roomie #1 stole Roomie 2's apple-green and dusty rose towels.**

Somewhere, their founders are clutching their collective pearls, rolling over in their posh graves, and muttering, "This is behavior unbecoming of sisters."

**They weren't really my roommates. They lived across the hall, but the fight was epic. And there is a difference between NPHC and NPC. Look into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment